Looking to join one of the hottest Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning startups in Austin? Our business is booming and we need a talented Associate Product Manager. We are seeking someone who has a passion for creating great products in a startup environment in an emerging industry.
Do you believe in building awesome products? Do you value the attention to detail and creative solutions it takes? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment? Do you value work environments with amazing people? If you can answer yes to all four questions, then this is the opportunity for you!
As an Associate Product Manager, you will help drive the delivery of new product features and capabilities, working with the product, engineering, and customer success teams. You will be responsible for coordination of key sprint activities in an agile environment, become a subject matter expert, and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure requirements are captured, documented, and communicated with product design, engineering, and QA teams.
Currently Alegion is offering a hybrid Work-From-Home model for Austin employees. If you live in another city, a fully remote opportunity is available. We will work with you to determine what works best for you!
Alegion is transforming how enterprises execute on artificial intelligence and machine learning projects. Our AI enablement platform integrates human intelligence at scale into the creation of high-quality training data, the validation and scoring of AI models and real-time exception handling. We accomplish this through our advanced data and task management platform and a growing network of on-demand trained human data specialists. By combining human intelligence and artificial intelligence, we accelerate time to market for AI and ML initiatives while reducing risk.
At Alegion, Associate Product Managers operate in tandem with Product Managers, Product Designers, and engineering teams to ensure product is being delivered on time and as scoped. We anticipate the primary activities to look like the following:
- Work directly with the engineering team with Product Owner responsibilities in an agile environment
- Write and groom stories and plan sprints in conjunction with engineering
- Provide scoping guidance for engineering efforts
- Manage the backlog / requirements, and user acceptance tests
- Help create and verify acceptance criteria
- Verify implementation against product designs and business requirements
- Coordinate roadmap planning and prioritization sessions
- Support product team initiatives
- Contribute as product team member in defining priorities and roadmap planning
- Verify accurate delivery of features including consistent documentation and communication of new releases
- Assist product managers and product leadership in external product activities including market research, customer interviews, and product content creation
- Assist product team members on long-term initiatives
- Plan platform roadmaps
- Stay abreast of the competition
- Immerse yourself in data science, AI, and machine learning
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders groups
- Serve as resource for product capabilities to assist in customer solutioning
- Help troubleshoot product issues and prioritize defect resolution
- Collaborate with senior product team members to document detailed requirements from customers and key stakeholders for new features
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2-5 years of Product Owner/Product Management or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, related technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with remote product teams highly desired
- Experience with enterprise SaaS offerings highly desired
- Experience working in Scrum and Kanban environments
- Expertise supporting launches of new applications or rolling out new features for existing products, preferably in the enterprise
- A good understanding of business strategy in a high growth, startup environment
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, product managers, and senior business leaders.
- Curious nature and ability to learn quickly
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Machine learning technologies
- Databases and writing SQL queries
- Applications for user analytics and onboarding applications
- API endpoints and micro services system architecture
- Cloud hosting providers such as AWS and GCP
- We have a well-defined mission, and strongly-held core beliefs and cultural values
- We promote a workplace where employees can make an impact beyond financial results
- We believe in being truly Agile in every decision, action and interaction
- We recruit talented employees who are a strong fit for our culture and high-performing teams
- We value learning and teaching, and heavily invest in employee development and growth
- We foster a collaborative, team-focused and autonomous work environment
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- Meaningful stock grants
- Open PTO plan
- 12 company-paid holidays
- Austin, TX (Hybrid) or Anywhere, USA (Remote)
COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
To complete your application you must (1) apply and submit a resume using the Apply feature on this page and (2) complete two Predictive Index surveys. The PI link below will initiate the first survey. The link for the second survey will be sent to the email address that you provide in the first survey form.
PI ASSESSMENT LINK:
CLICK HERE TO TAKE PI SURVEY
Cut and paste this text to your browser if the link above does not work:
The PI assessment should be completed in your native language for accurate results, (even if you are fluent in one or more additional languages). The language choice is private and not recorded in your results.
Alegion is an equal-opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.